[scribus] Review: Create book covers in Scribus by John Culleton

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sun Jul 19 08:05:43 CEST 2009

Am Sonntag, 19. Juli 2009 07:48:32 schrieb Dan Fink:
> Not sure if I missed an official announcement here on the list, but
> John's E-book on using Scribus to design press-ready book covers is
> available for purchase. Best $5.95 I ever spent on Scribus info! For my
> publishing company's first book, we hired a professional cover designer.
> But I have a couple short-run niche market books in the pipeline, and
> can't afford that. I had a bunch of questions, and this 32 page E-book
> answered them all.
>
> John's cover calculator is pretty cool in itself:
> http://wexfordpress.net/template.html
>
> but I wasn't quite sure what to do next with all the data it generated.
> No problems now, and am burning the midnight oil on a new cover after
> downloading and poring over the book for a few hours.
>
> Good job! I've never met John and have no affiliation with him or
> Wexford Press, this is just a review. But I'd buy him a beer if we ever
> met in person; this beginner's guide should save me from some serious
> hassles.

Hi Dan,

As one of the main authors of the Scribus manual, I can tell you that I'm
absolutely happy with your satisfaction. As it seems, John did a great job,
which means he deserves every single penny for his work!

I think I'm not alone when I state that many of us would like to meet John
Culleton in person at the next Libre Graphics Meeting in Brussels!

Christoph