[scribus] Hyphenation/justification settings

Bjørn-Helge Mevik bhx6 at mevik.net
Fri Jul 24 12:26:52 CEST 2009

avox wrote:

> Tornóci László-2 wrote:
>
>> So yes, I agree with John, better H&J is necessary. Now that we have TeX
>> frames, is there a way to link them the way we do text frames? Guess
>> not, but perhaps Scribus could pass linked text frames to TeX after some
>> filtering?
>>

> That's also planned. A future version will allow linking of imageframes, so
> they
> can be filled with multipage images. I also have some idea for a magical TeX
> interface that passes frame information and more to TeX, but I don't know
> when
> I'll find time for that.

Forgive me if this is impossible, or has been discussed and decided
upon -- I'm quite new to Scribus:

Has it been considered to implement the TeX hyphenation and line
breaking algorithms in Scribus?  Escpecially the hyphenation algorithm
is IMHO far superior to anything else I've seen.  With hyphenation
patterns that are readily available, it is even able to hyphenate
Norwegian almost 100% correctly, even though Norwegian contains lots
of compound words and generally has quite different hyphenation rules
than English.

--
Regards,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik