[scribus] Colour Profiles - make colour matching worse!

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon Jul 27 01:31:40 CEST 2009

Craig wrote:
> Calum Polwart wrote:

> Have you read the colour management documentation? Sounds like your
> profiles are all screwed up, as well as you are not understanding that
> there is NO "industry standard profile" that matches all printers,
> monitors, image-embedded profiles etc.

Presumably if there were there would be no need for profiles at all.

> You need to get colour management
> profiles correct, or you should not use them. Export to Screen/Web when
> you want RGB for printers like some bubble jets, or web output. Export
> to Printer when you want CMYK output.

Though this advice always strikes me as confusing. Am I right to
remember that office printers will typically work from PDFs in RGB
coulour spaces even if the inks used are CYMK, but a commercial printer
will typically need a CYMK colour space ?

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor