[scribus] Canons of page construction

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Mon Jul 27 22:42:41 CEST 2009

John C. wrote:
>> The right type size for the length of the lines is important. One
>> and one-half alphabets per line (39 to 45 characters) is a common
>> suggestion, though you can't always adhere to it.
>
> Bringhurst would accept as little as 45 characters for double column
> newsprint but would prefer 65 for normal book work.
> --
> John Culleton

Thanks for pointing that out! You are right. I also found a measure
from 45 to 70 characters suggested in another book on book design.

With more characters per line than 1-1/2 alphabets, it's easier to
justify text because you have more words and spaces to work with.
--Judy M.
  Usa

Registered Linux User #397786
Being productive with VectorLinux 6.0 Standard, Deluxe Edition