[scribus] Glyphs in a font not appearing

avox avox at arcor.de
Mon Jun 15 10:24:36 CEST 2009

John Jason Jordan-2 wrote:
> I do almost all the writing in OOo Writer. The only things I write in
> Scribus are those few little additions that are needed during the
> layout process. OOo lies about characters in a font similarly to Story
> Editor. And when I do add something in Story Editor I use the Unicode
> numbers, because I have memorized most of the 100+ ones that I use all
> the time.

> This is a good discussion. In my case I now know to do my proofreading
> from the text frame. I'm just worried about other users thinking they
> have a glyph because it appeared in their word processor, and in Story
> Editor, and when they get the expensive print job off the press there
> are missing glyphs.
> Maybe I'm worrying overly much.

You are absolutely right that the SE should give a warning about mising

On canvas, missing glyphs are displayed as a red square, and the preflight
also warns about missing glyphs. Right now I'm not sure though if the story
would silently delete missing glyphs from the text.

Sent from the Scribus New mailing list archive at Nabble.com.