[scribus] Glyphs in a font not appearing

avox avox at arcor.de
Mon Jun 15 10:24:36 CEST 2009

John Jason Jordan-2 wrote:

> I do almost all the writing in OOo Writer. The only things I write in
> Scribus are those few little additions that are needed during the
> layout process. OOo lies about characters in a font similarly to Story
> Editor. And when I do add something in Story Editor I use the Unicode
> numbers, because I have memorized most of the 100+ ones that I use all
> the time.

Gosh!

> This is a good discussion. In my case I now know to do my proofreading
> from the text frame. I'm just worried about other users thinking they
> have a glyph because it appeared in their word processor, and in Story
> Editor, and when they get the expensive print job off the press there
> are missing glyphs.
>
> Maybe I'm worrying overly much.

You are absolutely right that the SE should give a warning about mising
glyphs.

On canvas, missing glyphs are displayed as a red square, and the preflight
verifier
also warns about missing glyphs. Right now I'm not sure though if the story
editor
would silently delete missing glyphs from the text.

/Andreas