[scribus] Building booklets

Ole Madsen philimorept at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 19:14:06 CEST 2009

--- On Sun, 6/21/09, alessandro rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

> From: alessandro rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>
> Subject: Re: [scribus] Building booklets
> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Date: Sunday, June 21, 2009, 9:21 AM
> ciao pierluigi,
>
> > Hi,
> > I am a new user and I would like to know if Scribus is
> able to build
> > booklets and how. I mean, after importing and editing
> a long story,
> > can I print it in such a way that it makes a booklet
> where the first
> > and the last page appear on the same paper, then the
> second and the
> > the second last, etc.?
>
> scribus can't really do it, no (and should never able to do
> it, imho).
>
> what you can do, is to set the order in which the pages are
> exported to pdf.

How do you do that?  I can figure out how to export one page at a time to .pdf, but how do you export several pages at a time?  And how do you set the sequence? And the 'orientation', side by side or one above the other?

Here is the problem, I have:  I produce a small newsletter, 12 pages.  I need the final product in two formats:  A pdf file where all 12 pages appear in sequence.  This is for e-mailing to some of our members.

Other members want a paper copy, and for this I prepare a file for the commercial printer.  Pages 12 and 1 one sheet, pages 2 and 11 on another sheet and so forth.

With Scribus 1.3.3.13 I could do this by some cutting and pasting, but with 1.3.5svn the cutting and pasting process is not working properly.  (The style selctions are left behind).

Is there an easier way of doing this?  Help and suggestions much appreciated, I am quite new at desktop publishing.

Greetings
Ole