[scribus] Building booklets

Jan Schrewe jschrewe at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 27 22:41:08 CEST 2009

Am Samstag 27 Juni 2009 19:51:47 schrieb Jan de Weerd:
[snip]

> It works when I look at the file on the screen. When I send it to the
> printer (HP4500) the printer is processing for a long time and finally
> the display says ready but no paper output. Probably this is due to the
> ps version?

This usually happens, when the postscript interpreter in the printer dies.
Happens if the postscript files are to big or image heavy. The ghostscript
ps2pdf and pdf2ps tools tend to make the resulting file larger. Sometime it
helps to print it with Acroread (after turning the ps into pdf again) and the
option "save printer memory" turned on.

Jan