[scribus] Jan de Weerd: Scribus 1.3.8 crashes

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Aug 3 07:57:14 CEST 2010

hi michael,

>   Since I'm also using OpenSUSE 11.3, I'm curious about this
> importing text problem. If I'm using an OpenOffice document and want
> to bring the text into a Scribus text frame, I save the OpenOffice
> file as a text file, then do a "select all" highlight, then copy, and
> then paste it into the text frame. Why would it be better, the method
> of choice, to try and import the text, rather than copy and paste?

because scribus has no control on the application you copy paste from and on the operating system managing the whole inter-application copy pasting.

so depending on the application you are typing your text ni and on your OS, the string scribus is getting may be very different.

if you put your text in a text file or in a .odt file (eventually .doc) and import it into a text frame scribus knows what it is getting and correctly manages it.

hth
a.l.e