[scribus] Fast Printing with LoRes or absent pictures

K.King k.king177 at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 4 10:20:02 CEST 2010

  re other thread about <<[scribus] Removing images from image frames>>

showing my ignorance of the scribus code base being a lazy programmer
(well being a human and too many other things to do) a question for
those more intimate with the code. Would it be possible to wrap or
subclass (insert appropriate or your favourite terminology) the (I
assume exists) get image routine with an optional flag which could have
meanings of
- get full image (as per previous functionality)
- get a Lo Res version of image
- ignore do not get image at all
If that is possible could the print or pdf generate functions have an
appropriate tick box/drop down box with the above options and pass or
store it as some sort of variable, defaulting to the get full image setting?

K.