[scribus] Fast Printing with LoRes or absent pictures

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Aug 4 11:01:28 CEST 2010

hi k.,
>  re other thread about <<[scribus] Removing images from image frames>>
>
> showing my ignorance of the scribus code base being a lazy programmer
> (well being a human and too many other things to do) a question for
> those more intimate with the code. Would it be possible to wrap or
> subclass (insert appropriate or your favourite terminology) the (I
> assume exists) get image routine with an optional flag which could
> have meanings of
> - get full image (as per previous functionality)
> - get a Lo Res version of image
> - ignore do not get image at all
> If that is possible could the print or pdf generate functions have an
> appropriate tick box/drop down box with the above options and pass or
> store it as some sort of variable, defaulting to the get full image
> setting?
>
> K.

yes, and -- as far i can tell -- it will happen!

we had a longer discussion about it yesterday evening / afternoon on IRC
and it looks very promising.

for the "no image at all" i'm not sure whether it is a good idea to give
such an option at output time... i see an interest for it but i would
implement it in a image by image way (in the proprieties of a picture
you could set that a single picture won't be printed in the preview
mode; just like you can already set the the preview details on monitor)

i guess it's time for a formal feature request :-)

ciao
a.l.e