[scribus] Scribus to replace Indesign Server?

G. Zahl help at scribus.info
Thu Aug 5 13:02:42 CEST 2010

Submitted on 08/05/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: G. Zahl
   Email Address: grafvonzahl at yahoo.com
   Subject: Scribus to replace Indesign Server?
   Message:
Adobe's Indesign is expensive. The license Indesign Server is much more
expensive, but it is needed to build a Web-to-Print system to enable users to
fill ready-made templates by browser and creating a printable PDF in the end.

I found a discussion from 2007 about a 'Scribus Server'.

Today, as Scribus is much more advanced, how could I use Scribus to build a
Web-2-Print system? Did someone ever try to do this?

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.3.14
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: Windows 2008 Server
     CPU type: 64 bit (x86_64/amd64)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/496