[scribus] Scribus to replace Indesign Server?

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Aug 5 14:07:40 CEST 2010

hi mr g.
> I found a discussion from 2007 about a 'Scribus Server'.
>
> Today, as Scribus is much more advanced, how could I use Scribus to
> build a Web-2-Print system? Did someone ever try to do this?

no, but if each person interested in running scribus on a server had
donated half the money of a adobe license, it may be able to do it now!

btw, if your server can run an instance of scribus with its GUI, there
may be easy ways to hack a workable solution... if not, the solution is
still far away in the future...

ciao
a.l.e