[scribus] Font Help

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Aug 5 14:50:50 CEST 2010

On Thursday 05 August 2010 03:39:12 Praveen Kumar Pusapati wrote:
> Submitted on 08/05/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Name: Praveen Kumar Pusapati
>    Email Address: praveen at tarani.in
>    Subject: Font Help
>    Message:
> I am trying to use telugu unicode font gauthami and pothana2000 in
scribus
> 1.3 but the scripts are not working. do i need to install any thing?
>
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: 1.3.3.14
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Compiled
>      Build Date: 1. March 2008
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: Linux
>      Version: ubuntu
>      CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)
>
> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/494

Let me pose a scenario:
1. You open a document in Scribus
2. You create a text frame
3. You right click on the frame and then choose "edit text" (i.e. story book)
4. You type some text.
5. You highlight the text and select a different font at the top of the story
book window
6. You save the text

Does this work OK? if not what step gives you trouble?

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press