[scribus] text

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 18:37:15 CEST 2010

2010/8/11 Alex <help at scribus.info>

> Submitted on 08/11/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>  Name: Alex
>  Email Address: arsov at arsov.net
>  Subject: text
>  Message:
> Hi
>
> I'm finishing one book with Scribus. ( 370 pages ) Everything is ok so far.
> ( I had to split the whole book to four pieces coz Scribus crashes if I try
> to import the whole book.) but I can't find the way how to separate words
> with coma ( don't know english name for that function.) to fill the gap when
>  words  are   too    separated    in   one  line. So I'm look-
> ing for some-
> thing like that to separate long words. Is there any function for that.

Hi Alex,

Yes, the function exists. What you describe is called "hyphenation". The
settings for this are in the Preference dialog. You will find the language
of hyphenation and other settings. Then, in the top menu bar, you will find
Extra > Hyphenate Text (there is even a De-Hyphenate menu). This will help
accomplish a much "quieter" typographic gray. Unless you have set the type
to a very narrow column width and a very large typesize, you should see a
clear improvement.

All other questions have been answered by Greg !

Cheers !

Louis