[scribus] master page object levels

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Aug 24 11:07:11 CEST 2010

  hi greg,

> Automatic numbering doesn't have to be done on the Master Page... as
> long as you use the special Page Numbering character, it will work on
> any level...I think this is what a.l.e was alluding to.

no, i was not.

but i just tested it and in 1.3.8 you can't indead move the content
defined in the master page on top of the content of the page itself, not
even by reordering the layers.

i thought it was already in there, but
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=9070 confirms that it has only been
implemented for 1.5svn.

davide, for the time being, you can create a text frame with the page
number character in it, place it in the scrapbook, correctly set some
guides and place, and place the page number on each page from the scrapbook.

i don't think i can suggest you to switch to 1.5svn in order to be able
to do it in the proper way.

ciao
a.l.e