[scribus] Page order on PDF export

Peter Palmreuther pitpalme+scribus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 22:49:40 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm using Scribus 1.3.8on Mac PS X 10.6.4.
I created a "Double Sided" document, A5 sized.
It's intended to be printed "2 pages on one sheet" on A4 for creating a booklet.

I've figured Scribus won't do this this for me, but I wanted to export pages
at least in correct ordering to PDF, i.e. "20, 1, 2, 19, ...".

In "Save as PDF" dialog I configure "Export Range" to "Choose Pages: 20, 1, 2,
19, ...".

But no matter what PDF Compatibility level I choose, pages are exported "in
order", i.e. "1, 2, 3, ..., 20". My final target is PDF/X-3, but it doesn't
work with 1.3-1.5 either.

So, is this a (maybe even already known?) bug? Am I doing something wrong?
Should I check any other setting, that might prevent Scribus from re-ordering
pages?
--
Best regards,

Peter

P.S.: I tried to "fix" this issue with "pdf2ps, psbook, psnup, ps2pdf" on the
created PDF. Bad idea :-/ 1. "pdf2ps" creates a ~410M PS from the ~10M PDF.
The final PDF created with "ps2pdf" is "only" ~75M. Unsatisfying. And to make
this even worse, I can't open the this way generated PDF, because both PDF
viewer I've installed (Preview.app and Skim.app) "eat the CPU" while
rendering. "kill" is my only friend in this situation.