[scribus] Page order on PDF export

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 23:13:52 CEST 2010

On 08/24/2010 04:49 PM, Peter Palmreuther wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Scribus 1.3.8on Mac PS X 10.6.4.
> I created a "Double Sided" document, A5 sized.
> It's intended to be printed "2 pages on one sheet" on A4 for creating a booklet.
>
> I've figured Scribus won't do this this for me, but I wanted to export pages
> at least in correct ordering to PDF, i.e. "20, 1, 2, 19, ...".
>
> In "Save as PDF" dialog I configure "Export Range" to "Choose Pages: 20, 1, 2,
> 19, ...".
>
> But no matter what PDF Compatibility level I choose, pages are exported "in
> order", i.e. "1, 2, 3, ..., 20". My final target is PDF/X-3, but it doesn't
> work with 1.3-1.5 either.
>
> So, is this a (maybe even already known?) bug? Am I doing something wrong?
> Should I check any other setting, that might prevent Scribus from re-ordering
> pages?
The way to make this work for you is to do this "poor man's imposition"
in Adobe Reader -- I know it works because I've done it. Otherwise there
are some imposition solutions on the wiki.

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_impositions_with_pstops
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_pdf_impositions_with_pdfpages_and_pdfjam

Greg