[scribus] Page order on PDF export

Peter Palmreuther pitpalme+scribus at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 08:14:55 CEST 2010

On 08/24/2010 11:13pm, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 08/24/2010 04:49 PM, Peter Palmreuther wrote:
>> [...]
>> In "Save as PDF" dialog I configure "Export Range" to "Choose Pages: 20, 1, 2,
>> 19, ...".
>>
>> But no matter what PDF Compatibility level I choose, pages are exported "in
>> order", i.e. "1, 2, 3, ..., 20". My final target is PDF/X-3, but it doesn't
>> work with 1.3-1.5 either.
>> [...]
> The way to make this work for you is to do this "poor man's imposition" in
> Adobe Reader -- I know it works because I've done it.

Thanks. But unfortunately I'm not the person "really printing", so I can't
make use of Adobe Readers capabilities.

> Otherwise there are some imposition solutions on the wiki.
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_impositions_with_pstops
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_pdf_impositions_with_pdfpages_and_pdfjam

Thanks for pointing this out. Hadn't found the pages about pdfjam. This
helped! pstops messed things up; As I've written it created virtually useless
(PDF) results.
--
Best regards,

Peter