[scribus] Automagically insert correct German quotation marks instead of manually inserting them?

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Aug 25 01:11:55 CEST 2010

Am Sonntag, 15. August 2010, 12:36:38 schrieb Thorsten Panknin:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently using Scribus 1.3.8 in Windows 7 (64 bit). Exact build is
>
> Scribus-Version 1.3.8
> Build ID: C-*-T-*-C1.8.6-Windows
> Ghostscript-Version: 8.71
>
> I have looked through Scribus' options and the wiki and wonder how I can
> get Scribus to *automagically* insert correct typographical German
> quotation marks. Example: „Tau-Proteine“ (99-66)
>
> I know from where to insert those manually, no problem. If I missed
> something in the wiki or options dialogue, feel free to RTFM me with a
> hint where to look exactly.
>
> Found a bug from 2008 (http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=7671), which
> seems to be related, but is still set to "new".
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> - Thorsten
>
> NB Is there a way to easily search the mailing list archives? I found
> the archives at http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/, but no way
> to search from there.

There is currently no way to do this automatically, except via Search &
Replace in connection with regular expressions.

There exists a script called quote.py in ~/share/scribus/samples. This used to
work with 1.2.x, but my tests showed that it doesn't work with 1.3.8+ any
longer, and it also inserted English quotes only. Maybe one of our scripting
gurus can update the script so that it 1) works again in current versions and
2) has an option to select different quotation patterns.

Christoph