[scribus] Automagically insert correct German quotation marks instead of manually inserting them?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 03:02:14 CEST 2010

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 01:11:55 +0200
Christoph Schäfer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> dijo:

>There is currently no way to do this automatically, except via Search
>& Replace in connection with regular expressions.
>
>There exists a script called quote.py in ~/share/scribus/samples. This
>used to work with 1.2.x, but my tests showed that it doesn't work with
>1.3.8+ any longer, and it also inserted English quotes only. Maybe one
>of our scripting gurus can update the script so that it 1) works again
>in current versions and 2) has an option to select different quotation
>patterns.

My German sux rox, but I don't understand why the operating system
doesn't just handle this.

I do write in Spanish occasionally, and I have installed a Spanish
keyboard layout in the operating system. Although my computer has a US
English keyboard, switching to the Spanish keyboard allows me to type
as though I was on a Spanish computer. Doesn't this work for German? Or
does Scribus somehow ignore the keyboard layout?