[scribus] Page order on PDF export

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Aug 25 16:31:46 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 25 August 2010 02:14:55 Peter Palmreuther wrote:
> On 08/24/2010 11:13pm, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > On 08/24/2010 04:49 PM, Peter Palmreuther wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> In "Save as PDF" dialog I configure "Export Range" to "Choose
> >> Pages: 20, 1, 2, 19, ...".
> >>
> >> But no matter what PDF Compatibility level I choose, pages are
> >> exported "in order", i.e. "1, 2, 3, ..., 20". My final target is
> >> PDF/X-3, but it doesn't work with 1.3-1.5 either.
> >> [...]
> >
> > The way to make this work for you is to do this "poor man's
> > imposition" in Adobe Reader -- I know it works because I've done
> > it.
>
> Thanks. But unfortunately I'm not the person "really printing", so
> I can't make use of Adobe Readers capabilities.

You can use Adobe Reader to create ps files and then convert the PS
files to pdf via the Ghostscript tool ps2pdf.

I take a different approach for making booklets of hymns. This is a
Linux script called thus:
script1a foobook
where the input file is named foobook.ps.
Linux will substitute "foobook" for every occurrence of "$1".
psbook $1.ps $1b.ps
echo 'psnup'
psnup -2 -ptabloid -Pletter $1b.ps $1p.ps
echo 'psselect'
psselect -o   $1p.ps $1o.ps
psselect -e -r  $1p.ps $1e.ps
#lpr $1o.ps
#echo 'switch paper'
#read x
#lpr $1e.ps
#rm $1p.ps $1e.ps $1o.ps $1b.ps
___________________________________

The result will be two files named "foobooke.ps" and "foobooko.ps, set
up for running the paper twice through my Ricoh laser printer.  For
another printer I might need to eliminate the "-r" parameter.

If you are sending the pages to someone else to print, why can't that
printer do the imposition as well? Just curious.

John Culleton
Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"
Printable E-book 38 pages $5.95