[scribus] Page order on PDF export

Peter Palmreuther pitpalme+scribus at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 23:02:17 CEST 2010

ON 08/25/2010 04:31 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 August 2010 02:14:55 Peter Palmreuther wrote:

>>> The way to make this work for you is to do this "poor man's
>>> imposition" in Adobe Reader -- I know it works because I've done
>>> it.
>>
>> Thanks. But unfortunately I'm not the person "really printing", so
>> I can't make use of Adobe Readers capabilities.
>

> You can use Adobe Reader to create ps files and then convert the PS
> files to pdf via the Ghostscript tool ps2pdf.

After the (in this case) bad experiences with my document as PS I really
appreciated I did not had to try converting PS Adobe Reader generates to PDF.

> I take a different approach for making booklets of hymns. This is a
> Linux script called thus:
[...]

Thanks. I'm quite used to all the ps... tools, and if in doubt know how to
read the man pages. It's just with *this* document it f***ed up. And I thought
Scribus printing pages in correct ("correct" as in "intended and told so")
order would be quite good, especially if this function *should* exist
according to documentation and UI :-)

> If you are sending the pages to someone else to print, why can't that
> printer do the imposition as well? Just curious.

This person is not a "pro". Telling two print "2 on 1" is quite easy, so
correct page order would have been sufficient. If correct imposition with "2
on 1" plus booklet page-reordering would be possible with the installed
printer driver is doubtful. And I don't know if they have Adobe Reader
installed, or use an alternative.

So all I wanted to have was a (mostly) "final" PDF. Especially as I wanted all
the color profile things and embedded fonts PDF/X offers.

Thanks for all the help,
--
Best regards,

Peter