[scribus] linking text frames

Ken Moffat kmoffat at drizzle.com
Fri Aug 27 14:16:23 CEST 2010

On 08/26/2010 10:02 PM, Christen Anderson wrote:
> Submitted on 08/27/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>   Name: Christen Anderson
>   Email Address: thehefay at gmail.com
>   Subject: linking text frames
>   Message:
> Whenever I attempt to link text frames to each other, using the method
> described in several places, including the Scribus wiki, an error box
> pops up that says, "You are trying to link to a filled frame, or a
> frame to itself." I've tried doing it several different ways, but the
> same message always pops up. Is there a different way to link text
> frames together, or is it perhaps a bug in the program?

Interesting... there may be two methods? I see in 1.3.3 on linux that
clicking one text frame, then the link button, then the second text
frame causes a link. However in 1.3.8 clicking one frame, then the
other, then the button causes a link.
This is Debian Linux (testing), and I'm very new to Scribus, so may be
mistaken.

Ken