[scribus] Funding budget for allowing export from command line

David Marin help at scribus.info
Sun Aug 29 00:43:59 CEST 2010

Submitted on 08/28/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: David Marin
   Email Address: dmarin at stylomate.com
   Subject: Funding budget for allowing export from command line
   Message:
Hi, all.

In a new business I am working on, we are using Inkscape for generate PDF
files from XML templates (SVG, actually). As we want to generate more complex
documents (with paragraphs, multiple pages, etc) we have found that Inkscape
is not enough for us, so we are evaluating Scribus.

The problem is that some features existing in Inkscape are missing in Scribus
(at least, I have not found them in the 1.3.3.14 version, and bugs related to
them are still opened):

     * Exporting to PDF from command line using already generated Scribus
files.
     * A server-mode, in which Scribus keeps launched and listen for export
orders.

The project really need these features from Scribus, so we'd like to provide
funds for the project so they can be included as soon as possible.

Is there any developer available for this contracted support? As we are
currently in the process of getting funds from investors, I'd like to know
what would be the approximated budget for implementing these features, and
how log it would take (approximately).

Thank you very much for your kind support, and for creating this great
software.

Best regards
--
David Marín Carreño

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.3.14
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Linux
     Version: Ubuntu
     CPU type: 64 bit (x86_64/amd64)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/537