[scribus] master page object levels

David Christian Berg david at sipsolutions.net
Tue Aug 31 10:01:50 CEST 2010

Hey!

Let me chime in as well! That need totally exists! I have worked on several magazine layouts in high school at university. And having master elements like page numbers on top of page elements really simplifies the process because you don't have to copy paste the master elements on each page, where you have let's say a big image with a lot of blue sky that would cover the page number.
Furthermore in InDesign it is helpful that by just one click you can copy an element from the master page to the current page, automatically hiding it in the Master on that specific page. That's very handy when you have let's say not a blue sky (where black would be visible) but a picture of a cave in the background of the page number, where you need it to be light. You can just get it to the current page and change the colour only for that one page.

Cheers!

David