[scribus] Large export PDF size

Bee beeNee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 04:11:15 CET 2010

Submitted on 01/26/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]

Submitted values are:

   Your contact information:
     Name: Bee
     Email Address: beeNee at gmail.com
   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.6svn
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date: 7. October 2008
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: XP Sp3
     CPU type: Other/Don't know
   Your request content:
     Subject: Large export PDF size
     Message:
I have document I'm working on (24 pages) to date, and when i did test export
of the PDF. I was shocked how large it had become so quickly.
5 meg in total.

So I only exported (no errors) the first page into the PDF using the standard
SCRIBIUS settings.
File size was 216kb.
Now i have 4 SVG's in there that when I exported to PDF (from INKSCAPE) came
out in a nice 44kb size.
The same graphics are imported into SCRIBIUS as SVG's (using Get Vector).
Then I have 8 text boxes in the document.

Okay - I deleted the 8 text boxes. Output size of the PDF from SCRIBIUS for
the 1 page is 188kb.
I then delete all 4 SVG vectors.... Output size from SCRIBIUS for the 1 page
is 138kb.

Its a blank page !! Its 138kb in size.

The goal is for this document for web viewing at the moment, with later going
into print.
Whats wrong? Is it my settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/342