[scribus] Booklet printing (was: Imposition)

Frank Busse frank at busse.oche.de
Mon Oct 4 11:12:51 CEST 2010

4 Oct 2010 08:01:35 +0200, Peter Nermander wrote:
> How many printers ask for already imposed files?

Peter:

No, I don't know the exact number - but the professional printer producing
our 8-16 paged A5 folders in fact asks for 2-up PDF input. Leaving the
re-arranging and 2-up combining to him would result in a considerably
higher price for the folders. (And bleeds would still be a problem.)

That's why I have spent time in configuring Scribus/jPDF Tweak (see
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Imposition_tools#Multiplatform).

I assume (no, sorry: I'm no programmer) that it would not be much effort
to include this work into Scribus: The workflow is known as well as the
routines to be used for it.