[scribus] Double page / side Question

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Tue Oct 5 15:50:03 CEST 2010

> I have printed one magazin / about 100pgs / in offset, but I have had
> about
> 4,5 pictures that are positioned in the middle of the 2 pages... so the
> part
> of the picture was on the left and part on right page. When magazine did
> print, I did lost that part of the picture where the bleed x 2 ( middle
> ) and
> I wonder where in the scribus can I manage to determine that value... is
> there something in the doc preferences or.. ?

I saw the issue was already solved, I thought I'd just pop in to tell
the for a magazine I did I wanted to try how Scribus handled objects
across a spread and put an image across two pages (a "false" spread
too, that is NOT the centerfold). It came out perfectly, even better
than expected. (The image was just used as a filler so it didn't
matter if it came out bad, but it didn't.)

The printer received a 1.6 PDF (grayscale) with bleeds, not crop or
trim marks. Their imposition software honored the trim box of the PDF.

/Peter