[scribus] Double page / side Question

Jim Ford jaford at watford53.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 18:39:48 CEST 2010

On 10/5/2010 2:50 PM, Peter Nermander wrote:

>> I have printed one magazin / about 100pgs / in offset, but I have had
>> about
>> 4,5 pictures that are positioned in the middle of the 2 pages... so the
>> part
>> of the picture was on the left and part on right page. When magazine did
>> print, I did lost that part of the picture where the bleed x 2 ( middle
>> ) and
>> I wonder where in the scribus can I manage to determine that value... is
>> there something in the doc preferences or.. ?
>
> I saw the issue was already solved, I thought I'd just pop in to tell
> the for a magazine I did I wanted to try how Scribus handled objects
> across a spread and put an image across two pages (a "false" spread
> too, that is NOT the centerfold). It came out perfectly, even better
> than expected. (The image was just used as a filler so it didn't
> matter if it came out bad, but it didn't.)
>
> The printer received a 1.6 PDF (grayscale) with bleeds, not crop or
> trim marks. Their imposition software honored the trim box of the PDF.

How did you set the bleeds, Peter?

I mentioned in another post that I set the top, bottom and outside
bleeds to 5mm and the inside to 0mm, for a two page spread, but it ended
up with bleed and an overlap region on the inside (middle).

I've spoken to a few printers about this and some seemed to think it
wouldn't be a problem (but maybe I didn't explain it clearly!), and
others weren't sure.

Jim