[scribus] Scribus Help

Frank Cox melville.theatre at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 21:30:30 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 13:03 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> I also use Scribus to create the monthly flyer for my movie theatre.
> You can see what it looks like by going here:
>
> http://www.melvilletheatre.com/playing.htm
>
> I create that flyer using Scribus

I have had a few people ask me how I create the png graphic version of
my flyer because it's a lot smaller than the png that you get when you
export it from Scribus.

The answer is two programs:  advpng and imagemagick.

advpng is a png graphics "shrinker" that is part of the advancecomp
package, available here;

http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/comp-download.html

A Windows binary is available for download from that webpage.  Many
Linux distributions have advancecomp available through their native
package repositories.  Centos users can get an advancecomp rpm from my
webpage here: http://www.melvilletheatre.com/articles/el5/

I also use the mogrify commmand that's part of the imagemagick to
convert the image to grayscale after making the png.

Again, a Windows binary is available from their webpage,
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

Linux users, including Centos, can install the imagemagick package
that's included in their package repositories.