[scribus] Printing alignment

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Oct 13 15:31:18 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 13 October 2010 07:05:34 Jane Brown wrote:
> Submitted on 10/13/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Name: Jane Brown
>    Email Address: inisfad at vodafone.ie
>    Subject: Printing alignment
>    Message:
> My printer (HP C4680) is not printing my page the way I see it on
> my monitor. My greeting card looks correctly centered on the
> monitor and also in print preview, but when I print, the card is
> being printed on the bottom and right edge of the page.  I have
> tried exporting to PDF but this does not help.  How do I align the
> settings so that I am able to print as I see this on the monitor
> and on print preview?  I am using Ubuntu 9.04.  Thanks
>
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: 1.3.3.13
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>      Build Date:
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: Linux
>      Version: 9.04 Karmic Koala
>      CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)
>
> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/570

What size paper do you use and what page size are you using on
Scribus? If you want your personal desktop local printer to print the
card image centered on the page then the page size in Scribus must be
the same as the paper in the printer and the image must be centered on
that Scribus page.

I always create a pdf and print from Acrobat Reader, not Scribus.

--
John Culleton, Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus" $5.95 at

Free eps format barcode: http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/