[scribus] Squiggle

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Oct 29 03:31:05 CEST 2010

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:23:34 +1100
"Owen" <rcook at pcug.org.au> dijo:

>> Unfortunately, the Yumex installer did not create a launch menu item
>> in
>> my Gnome desktop, and the web page did not explain how to launch it.
>> I know it is Java, so it's probably a command like "java -jar
>> <something>, but I could use a hint.

>Does this help?
>
>http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/tools/browser.html#starting

Thanks. It says to use:

cd installation-directory
java -jar batik-squiggle.jar

Unfortunately, I can't find the file batik-squiggle.jar, so I can't
specify the directory. That is, Nautilus can't find it, nor can I find
it from the command line. Just giving it the command "java -jar
batik-squiggle.jar" results in "can't find file batik-squiggle.jar."

I tried searching the entire filesystem on "batik," "squiggle," and even
".jar." The latter turned up hundreds of files, but scrolling through
them turned up nothing. The former ("batik") turned up just batik.png
in /user/share/docs/scribus1.3.7/en/images. Yet Yumex insists that it
installed batik-squiggle 1.7-4.fc11. I even uninstalled and
reinstalled, and still nada.

Totally perplexed.