[scribus] Fonts problem after move from windows to linux

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sun Dec 4 19:50:27 UTC 2011

Hello,

i worked on a scribus document with arial font on windows 7
and was about to continue the work on linux (ubuntu oneiric).

When opening it, scribus said it had to replace non existing font with other,
and proposed to do so with bitstream charter (for regular, italic, bold and bold italic)
or to choose other replacement fonts.
I noticed the arial font were there up in the list,
(and they were prefixed with a "S" in a shiny green square,
showing that Scribus *knew* what it should have done right !!!!!)
so i asked to replace arial regular with arial regular,
arial italic with arial itlalic etc.

The document could open then, but all arial fonts were bitstream !
The whole document uses styles, and all styles were set to bitstream.

I tried again with or without checking "make change permanent", same happens.
I tried with other files of same project, same happens.

So, how could i do work with linux on these files ?

JLuc