[scribus] Landscape printing

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 16:34:36 UTC 2011

On 12/06/2011 08:21 AM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 06/12/2011 00:44, Craig Bradney a écrit :
>> On 12/6/11 12:35 AM, Jan Schrewe wrote:
>>> On 6 December 2011 00:21, JLuc<jluc at no-log.org> wrote:
>
>> Don't forget, your printer needs to be able to understand postscript
>> to be able to print it.
>>
>> Make sure you have the right driver / PPD file installed for the printer.
>
> When installing the printer, i choosed the explicitely advised driver.
>
> Should i blame Scribus or Ubuntu for not being shipped with an included
> sysadmin ?

It may be CUPS.
Sometimes I need to change the printer driver, but only when a variety
of methods do not print. In general, Gutenprint drivers seem more
serviceable, but even there you have a list of choices.

Most likely, this problem you describe on Ubuntu will be fixed by an
Alternative Printer Command, like

lpr -Pyourprinter

since this works on Fedora, seemingly without exception. I have a laptop
I carry around and use whatever printer I can find, including older and
newer inkjets/laserjets, and so far workarounds are of minimal
inconvenience.

The only problem I have seen with Windows is that when I print at work
with a network printer, I have to make sure that I don't have a frame
selected, or else the page prints with only that selected frame. It's
clearly a phenomenon with the network, since a local printer doesn't
have the issue.

Greg