[scribus] Hex colors

Tom Connolly tconnolly at embarqmail.com
Thu Dec 22 17:41:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Tom Connolly wrote:
I know Scribus is for printing, but it's also a good program to use to preview web pages before they're turned into html and css. Having hex colors available would be a great add-on. ?Thank you.

Alexandre Prokoudine responded:

Where in UI do you envision it?

Thank you. Maybe just under the "color model" window in the "Edit Color" flyout.
GIMP has it in a similar location.

Owen responded:

I think the general wisdom would be to preview web pages in a browser,
Firefox, Safari, Chrome etc

Thanks for the advice. As someone with lots of experience in print, and virtually none in web, I find it easier to put together proposed web pages in Scribus, and have the general theme/look approved before beginning the coding in html and css. Of course I use all the browsers, including ie, to preview the html.

As for hex colors, you can make your own palette, if one does not
already exist.

I could certainly make a palette of attractive colors for the web pages, but I wouldn't know their hex values to transfer them to css.
I know there are workarounds, including making a palette in GIMP and writing down the hex values, but then I couldn't plug those numbers into Scribus to get an accurate color. Creating a palette isn't the issue.