[scribus] Hex colors

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Dec 23 10:42:30 UTC 2011

hi

> > As for hex colors, you can make your own palette, if one does not
> > already exist.
> >
> > I could certainly make a palette of attractive colors for the web
> > pages, but I wouldn't know their hex values to transfer them to
> > css. I know there are workarounds, including making a palette in
> > GIMP and writing down the hex values, but then I couldn't plug
> > those numbers into Scribus to get an accurate color. Creating a
> > palette isn't the issue.
> >

> FWIW:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Convert_RGB_value_to_Hex
>
> with minor changes you could modify this to run outside of Scribus.

i think that it would be a good way to have a way to input the hex
values for the colors.

many people come to scribus after having done some simple RGB/web
graphics... and i don't think it's a bad idea to make them feel at home.

i'm for finding a way to input hex values in the current fields or add
a field with the full hex value for the RGB color (i don't think this
makes sense for CMYK colors... but: how knows?)

have fun
a.l.e