[scribus] Export from Scribus to InDesign via INX (XML) format?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 14:55:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Richard Foley wrote:

> I have a Scribus document, several multiple-page PDFs, which I need to send to
> a colleague with InDesign.  Reading the options, it appears the only way to
> export the data is via a print-ready PDF which they cannot alter.  Although
> there is talk of an INX XML file export option which appears to be unavailable
> at present.  Does anyone have any experience, knowledge, of this INX project,
> state of play, usability, etc?

I've no idea what talk of INX support you are referring to. INX has
been replaced with IDML by Adobe few years ago, and Scribus never
knowingly supported INX. It only supports IDML, and I very much doubt
that it does anything beyond _importing_ IDML files. You also need
unstable (1.5.0) branch for that.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org