[scribus] Export from Scribus to InDesign via INX (XML) format?

Richard Foley richard.foley at rfi.net
Mon Dec 26 15:48:18 UTC 2011

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm referring to the INX format which *IS* mentioned as
being "in progress", on the wiki at wiki.scribus.net, and possibly also the
IDML file format from the same source.  The page was apparently last updated at
the beginning of 2011, so perhaps that explains why the information is out of
date.  I don't wish to get into an argument about this, I would like to be able
to export from Scribus to InDesign, because I'm using one tool and my colleague
is the other.  This sounds as if this is not possible currently and there are
no plans to develop a solution either.  Thanks for the clarification.

JFTR:
File formats, (out of date).
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/File_formats_that_should_be_supported_by_Scribus_%28wish_list%29

INX Marked as "in progress", (apparently abandoned).
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/InDesign_Exchange_Files_Import_Specification

IDML Marked as "done", (page does not exist).
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/indesign/pdfs/idml-specification.pdf

--
Ciao

Richard Foley