[scribus] unable to compile scribus-1.4.0.rc6

dingodog dingodogscribus at lurtinus.33mail.com
Thu Dec 29 17:38:19 UTC 2011

I need Scribus with multilingual support (included hyphenation and
python scripting)

I started to compile in using Qt-4.6.3 (tried also 4.8.0 but unsuccessfully)

first problem was with recognition of Python include dir

# cmake -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include ..
-- Scribus 1.4.0.rc6 will be built to install into /usr/local
-- Machine: i486-linux-gnu, void pointer size: 4
-- Found target X86
-- Building for target i486-linux-gnu
-- Using standard ApplicationDataDir. You can change it with
-DAPPLICATION_DATA_DIR
Qt4 Found OK
-- Building without Qt3 Support (GOOD)
ZLIB Library Found OK
Using PNG Library: /usr/lib/libpng.so
PNG Library Found OK
JPEG Library Found OK
TIFF Library Found OK
CMake Error at
/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:57 (MESSAGE):
Could NOT find PythonLibs (missing: PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindPythonLibs.cmake:86
(FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
CMakeLists.txt:537 (FIND_PACKAGE)</p>

not having time to further investigate, I edited cmake.lists to avoid to
call python

this time compilation started, but, at 77% when gcc was ready to link
executables, I get this very long error message:

http://paste2.org/p/1844434

any suggestion to identify problem and solve?