[scribus] Cover file creation with Scribus 1.4.0 RC6

Adam Abair adam_abair at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 18:34:31 UTC 2011

In downloading the 6 programs necessary for Scribus 1.4.0 RC6, five of the six programs downloaded without a problem.  But I have run into a problem trying to download the GhostScript Suite.  When I get to the dialog box asking the question: Do you want to open or save this file? [ghostscript-9.04.tar bz2  / 28.4 MB] -- I get trapped in an endless loop when I click either "Save" or "Open."

When I click on "Save," I get the option "Open."  But when I click on the option "Open," the screen blinks once and nothing happens.  No matter how many times I try, the same endless loop takes place.  None of the drop down options revealed by the drop down arrows that appear next to the "Save" or "Open" buttons changes this endless loop.

Two questions:

(1)  Why won't the GhostScript Suite download?  (What am I doing wrong?);

(2)  If I cannot successfully download the GhostScript Suite, will Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro work successfully with Scribus 1.4.0 RC6 to create PDF cover files acceptable to LSI?

Adam