[scribus] (no subject)

Ivano Arrighetta ivano.arrighetta at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 16:43:54 UTC 2011

Hello there. My name is Ivano Arrighetta and I'm Italian.
I had an idea which I'm looking to realize, but I have insufficient skills
to build it myself.
So, while I search for interested people, I also look for something as
close as possible to my idea.
The Big Project (it's the name of my project) is an editor for:
Raster, Vector and 3D graphics
Video
Audio
Text
multimedia formats which is able to generate, edit, open and write such
multimedia types.
Additionally, the big project handles the conversion between some
multimedia formats in an exotic way: OCR, Text To Speech, Speech
Recognition, ASCII Art and traceout of raster graphics, while other
conversions still remains like rastering, rendering, etc.
As an editor and processor, The Big Project has the features of the
software on which its concepts are based, like drawing and retouching for
raster graphics, primitive modeling, modifiers, animations and the like for
vector and 3D graphics, video editing features, sound synthesis,
sequencing, etc.
Basicly, The Big Project is inspired on: GIMP, Inkscape, Blender, FL
Studio, MS Office and FrontPage, with conversions done with something like
PagePro, Dragon Naturally Speaking, SAPI5 and AALib.
Required file formats are png, svg, any mesh file format, wav, mp3, ogg,
ogv, avi, mp4, mpeg, midi, html, pdf, office file formats (or
libre/open-office).
The Big Project doesn't have to have a GUI, nor it does need to be a single
application.
The only interface requirement is consistency between tools, I mean: if I
have to use the GIMP as raster editor, which is GTK and GUI, I need the
other softwares to be GTK and GUI as well in order to put everything in as
little external requirements as possible.
The better idea I had in order to have The Big Project is about using
ImageMagick + FFMpeg + Sox from the command line, but this wont handle 3D
graphics and some conversions.
I guess there are some command line tools for OCR, but I'm not aware of TTS
or SR, Tracing of bitmaps and overall, 3D modeling.
Also, if I use CLI, I need the packages to interact with each other
seamlessly like FFMpeg does with ImageMagick and Sox...
Anyway, if you have any suggestion for me, please let me know.