[scribus] Paragraph Justification (Christen)

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Nov 21 19:41:10 UTC 2011

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:08:47 +0000 (UTC)
Andreas Vox <avox at arcor.de> dijo:

>Meho R. <mehor at ...> writes:

>> Just take a look at the attached example which shows the difference
>> between Scribus's "Justified" icon and commonly used icons for the
>> same purpose:
>>
>> – The first one is "Justified" icon in LibreOffice/OpenOffice.org
>> – The second one is "Justified" icon in MS Office 2007
>> – The third one is "Justified" icon in Scribus;
>
>Ah, so we finally found the culprit for all this misunderstanding:
>MS Office (and OO.o) introduced the wrong icon for their justify
>function! ;-)
>
>Anyway, I agree that forced justify shouldn't be on the same level as
>the other alignment options.

But if it is on the same level in MS Office and
OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice, then users wouldn't be able to find the
advanced settings option in Scribus.

Not that I care. I have no dogs in this fight, as I never use force
justify anyway.