[scribus] Wrapping Text Around Photo & Caption

Stefan stmstmstmster at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 24 07:54:42 UTC 2011

Hi Bob, just use an empty text frame or make the picture frame larger,
this saves you creating another frame.

Modifing the "bounding box" is ok if your caption is below the pic. If
you need text-free space *above* your pic, do not cange the bounding
box, use a contour line instead. This is a second kind of frame which
can be set up in the properties palette (F2) -> Form -> tick-box:
contour-line

Adding a "contour line" to the pic frame is another way, but the
editing process is more time-consuming and not exacty. Use that if you
need non-rectangular textflow around a picture.

Check that your empty frame / bounding box / contour line covers *all*
of the text frame below. If there is the tiniest space in a single
line uncovered, single (!) letters may be printed unwanted &  out of
context, words seperated without "-" divis. That was the case up to
1.4.0RC5, bug was reported by me. I've not tested that bug in RC6 with
its new text flow stuff till now.

--
Gruß, Stefan