[scribus] Coral draw 12 transfer

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Mon Jan 16 23:20:27 UTC 2012

Þann mán 16.jan 2012 19:38, skrifaði Alexandre Prokoudine:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM,  wbotha63 wrote:
>
>> My question is how do I transfer files or pages from coral to scribus ?
>> If I want to open a paper that was design in coral, scribus don't want
>> to open it.
>
> Only most unstable version of Scribus is able to import CDR files
> _and_ it won't import elements like text objects.
>
> What you can do is export your illustrations from Corel DRAW to SVG.
> Any version of Scribus will open SVG. And while it won't be perfect,
> it will be by far better than what unstable version of Scribus can do
> with CDR files.
>
> Alexandre Prokoudine
> http://libregraphicsworld.org

+1

My experience with CorelDraw (up to CDR 10) is that any kind
of conversion with 3rd-party applications does massacre all
text - unless it's been converted to curves first.

But then, CorelDraw used to be famous for the sheer number
of built-in export possibilities, so I'd try to export from
within Corel. Any lengthy text as .TXT files and curves as
.SVG, .AI or .EPS. PDF's may work also.

Inkscape can import some versions of .CDR files (ver. 7-X4),
from there one can export/save as .SVG. Don't know if there
are bugs in that process (e.g. multipage documents,
text/font problems, etc.)

Just thoughts.

Sveinn í Felli