[scribus] Coral draw 12 transfer

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 23:58:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 3:20 AM, Sveinn í Felli wrote:

> Inkscape can import some versions of .CDR files (ver. 7-X4), from there one
> can export/save as .SVG. Don't know if there are bugs in that process (e.g.
> multipage documents, text/font problems, etc.)

Inkscape uses the very same converter as Scribus. It's called
UniConvertor and only supports paths with flat fills and strokes (and
maybe bitmaps, but I'm not entirely sure). There has been no progress
re CDR support in UC in last few years (the primary developer is busy
rewriting things yet again), and unfortunately I don't see it changing
any time soon.

However there has been quite a bit of progress on reverse-engineering
CDR recently on the re-lab side recently, and hopefully things will
change now that there is libcdr by one of LibreOffice developers.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org