[scribus] move pages to new doc

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Thu Jan 19 21:38:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

> On 01/19/2012 07:05 AM, Jean Mielot wrote:
>
>> BTW - side note - Does any other Ubuntu user here find
>> Ubuntu quite sluggish? I might return to Windows 7, but
>> this time I'll take Scribus with me :-)
>>

> Why not just try a different distro?  Linux != Ubuntu, you know.

The sluggishness OP is experiencing is likely due to the desktop
environment which in the latest Ubuntu is Unity.  Both it and KDE's latest
offering are quite slow.  Because of that I migrated to Xubuntu using XFCE
which is much faster as Mr. Culleton pointed out.  Xubuntu 11.10 on my old
P4 1.4 Gig Dell works very nicely.  No need to learn a whole new
environment and/or distribution command set as Xubuntu is very nearly what
Ubuntu/Gnome used to be.

BTW, I regularly layout a 60-80 page magazine and find that Scribus gets
really slow after lots of images are inserted and the page count goes above
40-50 pages.  Images, of course, include placed pdfs of which I generally
have at least 25 full pages in each issue.

John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*.
Walkertown, NC  USA
editor at sera.org