[scribus] Creating multi- page magazine

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Wed Oct 3 10:08:01 UTC 2012

> As a newbie to Scribus and using 1.4.1 release,
> where should I look for information on creating
> a multi-page magazine? Most of the video tutorials
> are out of date and so is much of the wiki. When I went to
> the 1.4 manual, much of the content was void. Where will
> I find the info I am looking for?

I don't think it matters a lot that some information is based on older
versions of Scribus, 1.4 is not a completely different program from
the 1.3 series, there are some differences but in general much of the
tools are the same.

I don't think anyone who has upgraded from 1.3.x to 1.4 have had to
re-learn much, it's more like "finally I can do this easier!".

Learning how to use Scribus for a magazine can be seen as two steps:

1. Learn WHAT you need to do
2. Learn HOW to do that in Scribus

For the first step you can use any tutorial, it doesn't even have to
be for Scribus. Because WHAT you need to do is the same whether you
are working in Scribus, InDesign or some other page layout software.

For the second step, tutorials for Scribus 1.3.x should work in most
cases, searching the manual, the wiki and asking here on the list or
on the Scribus forum are other sources to learn from.

Now, Scribus does have some limitations, so sometimes the second step
will become "How to achieve a similar result in Scribus".

/Peter