[scribus] Creating multi- page magazine

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Oct 8 15:34:27 UTC 2012

On 10/08/2012 09:44 AM, wena-parry at talktalk.net wrote:
> Greg
> It would be great if Open Office could be imported into Scribus 1.4.1
> but from my experience it dose not import the styles of any sort. I have
> also attempted to use Ctrl b. for bold but it works in open Office but
> dose not import.
>
> I used to be able to do so.
>
> SO, WHAT VERSION OF OPEN OFFICE DO YOU USE????

Recently, I am using LibreOffice ( http://www.libreoffice.org/ ), since
this comes default on Linux distributions. If you save as ODT files
(this is the key), Scribus should import styles Ok. If you save as a
.doc file you will lose all styles on import to Scribus.

When I have tried it, you should be able to import simple applications
of bold and italics as character styles, but I think using actual
paragraph and character styles in LibreOffice works best. You should
also get justifications set automatically too.

I confess that I haven't tried this on Windows, but will when I get a
chance.

Greg