[scribus] Creating multi- page magazine

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Oct 9 16:08:47 UTC 2012

hi erich
> allow me to kill two birds with one stone.

... :-)

> On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 07:53:12 -0300
> José Young<young.vn at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I have been watching the list for some time, and to be honest, it
>> scares me. Most of you are talking way above my head. I have Scribus
>> installed, have tried to play around with it, but even some of the
>> more simple things are not obvious... despite the manual.
>>
> you got a point.

yep, that's the negative side of having only one mailing list for
development and user support topics.

we are a relatively small community, so it's hard to separate all the
different "worlds".
and it's also nice to see simple users slowly becoming developers!

i don't know there is a need and a way to better separate the users and
topics...
mostly, we have to rely on the users not to hijack topics :-)

but, maybe, we could find a way to better tell the people that they
don't have to read every mails getting in through a mailing list, that
they can pick the threads that are interesting (and understandable) to them!
i know many people that have the feeling that they have to read (and
understand) everything... it's even rather common...

>> I have been working with Coral Ventura for many years. It is a mainly
> I have started with Ventura Publisher in the Eighties.
>
> One feature of Ventura I am really missing here are anchors. Many
> things become so simple with anchors in the .sla file.

this is something that certainly will come, once the footnotes are in
the main code...

>>> just one comment from my side: i fully agree that a beginner (or
>>> even somebody who is not an "expert", what that means...) won't
>>> understand what the issue is!
>>>
>>> but i can tell you, that many beginners notice that there is
>>> something wrong going on, something making things too complicated,
>>> frustrating.
>>>

>>> let's fix it!
> I am not in the position to do much here.

why do you think that?
everybody has talents!

ciao
a.l.e