[scribus] Creating multi- page magazine

Erich Dollansky erich at alogreentechnologies.com
Mon Oct 8 12:07:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

allow me to kill two birds with one stone.

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 07:53:12 -0300
José Young <young.vn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been watching the list for some time, and to be honest, it
> scares me. Most of you are talking way above my head. I have Scribus
> installed, have tried to play around with it, but even some of the
> more simple things are not obvious... despite the manual.

you got a point.

> I have been working with Coral Ventura for many years. It is a mainly

I have started with Ventura Publisher in the Eighties.

One feature of Ventura I am really missing here are anchors. Many
things become so simple with anchors in the .sla file.

> a text oriented program. But.... it is getting old and since I work
> in Linus I would prefer not using a Windows program.
>
> So I guess I will just sit in for a few months (years?) and watch the
> list with the hope that I can begin to function with Scribus.

Just force yourself to make a document with scribus.

> > > We also have to consider that we are talking about things which
> > > are so hard to recognise by a beginner that the beginner does not
> > > even understand what we are talking about.
> >
> > just one comment from my side: i fully agree that a beginner (or
> > even somebody who is not an "expert", what that means...) won't
> > understand what the issue is!
> >
> > but i can tell you, that many beginners notice that there is
> > something wrong going on, something making things too complicated,
> > frustrating.
> >

> > let's fix it!

I am not in the position to do much here.

Erich